The Indian Pueblo Cultural Center (IPCC) is responsible for preserving and perpetuating Pueblo culture, and advancing understanding – by presenting with dignity and respect – the accomplishments and evolving history of the Pueblo people of New Mexico. It is located at the heart of nearly 80 acres of land owned by the 19 Pueblos and governed by the 19 Pueblos District (a sovereign government formed by the Tribal Councils of the 19 New Mexico Pueblo Communities) at the former location of the Albuquerque Indian School (1881-1982). The Center is comprised of museum and gallery space, a collection of murals and other Native arts and artifacts, a library, archives, an education department, a teaching kitchen/restaurant, and cultural programming and events – each celebrating the Pueblo culture of New Mexico.
IPCC is located within a cultural and business district in the middle of Albuquerque (at 12th Street near Interstate 40). This district is also home to additional thriving businesses, which are also owned and operated by the 19 Pueblos of New Mexico, and managed by Indian Pueblos Marketing Inc (IPMI). These commercial enterprises include:
- The Indian Pueblo Store, an arts store inside IPCC offering authentic Native American arts, jewelry and more
- Four Winds, the ultimate convenience store
- Starbucks at Avanyu Plaza, Native-owned/largest Starbucks in New Mexico
- Avanyu Plaza, an outdoor gathering space
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott
- Extra Space Storage, a robust self-storage facility
- Class A office buildings and additional office lease space
- Commercial retail and restaurant lease space
All of the activity on the vibrant IPCC Campus is managed and sustained with the guidance of the administrative/executive team, our Board Members and Shareholders (who proudly represent the Tribal Councils of the 19 New Mexico Pueblos.) The IPCC Campus accomplishments are also made possible with the support of a dynamic team that provides information technology, human resources, finance and accounting, marketing, custodial, and facility maintenance services.