The Indian Pueblo Cultural Center’s Traditional Teachings Camp is the perfect summer activity for the budding artist, storyteller, nature lover, or adventurer in your family. Campers enjoy two hands-on workshops each day, with overarching themes of balance, tradition, resilience, and cultural expression.
Masks and Covid-Safe Practices will be required for all campers and staff.
Indian Pueblo Cultural Center summer campers get to experience the following:
Art – Campers learn about our famed art collection from our expert museum team
Interactive activities – Campers learn about the Three Sisters, pottery and design, storytelling and symbolism, Indigenous foods and the importance of seeds
Gardening – Children spend each morning immersed in the Resilience Garden learning about pre-contact foods, as well as modern gardening techniques and cultivation.
Dates & Registration
Monday – Thursday, 8 am – 2 pm
- Camp 1 June 21-24, 2021 (5-8 yr. olds)
- Camp 2 June 28-July 1, 2021 (9-12 yr. olds)
The camp fee is $150 and includes materials for 1 child.
20 Spots available for each camp.
Limited Scholarships are available. Apply Here.
- Please take note of these important dates:
- Friday, May 21: DEADLINE for scholarship applications
- Friday, June 4: DEADLINE for registration.
- Friday, May 28: Scholarship recipients will be notified.
- Monday, June 21: First Day of Camp 1 for 5-8-year-olds
- Monday, June 28: First Day of Camp 2 for 9-12-year-olds
Register online here.
Or if you prefer to print a pdf form and submit in person to:
Shannon M. Romero Cultural Education Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org | 505-212-7060
Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
2401 12th St NW Albuquerque, NM 87104